[Live-demo] Budget available for OSGeo-Live - anyone want to volunteer to manage printing OSGeo-Live USBs?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 11:44:45 PDT 2017

OSGeo-Live community,

As per below, the OSGeo Board is asking us if we'd like to request money
from the upcoming budget.

One request we regularly have from the community is to source OSGeo-Live
USBs. (There is a bit of a knack to printing bootable USBs, and it would
be nice if one person could coordinate the printing of USBs from one
supplier which is then distributed to people who ask for it, after being
approved by someone - the person, the marketing committee, the
OSGeo-Live committee).

If anyone would like to take on this coordinating task, then now is the
time to speak up. To date we have only had adhoc print runs and we
haven't had such a volunteer step up long term, so you would get lots of
karma points for helping out in this way.

Also, if we want to ask for budget for a code sprint or similar, again,
now is the time to mention it.

Cheers, Cameron