[OSGeoLive] machine translations

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 03:30:28 PDT 2018

Hi Vicky, I would like some background information before forming my
opinion on this proposal.
If we are to give leopark special mention, how does it stand out when
compared to other projects. Eg: If someone uses Google Translate, should we
also mention Google Translate?
What does Leopark gain by being mentioned? Have they requested to be
mentioned?

On 25 July 2018 at 01:45, Nicolas Roelandt <roelandtn.pro at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi thanks Vicky,
>
> I do use it too when no pre-existing translation is not available and I
> don't know the project.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Nicolas
>

> Le lun. 23 juil. 2018 à 23:31, Vicky Vergara <vicky at georepublic.de> a
> écrit :
>

>> Hi all,
>> Since osgeolive has been in transifex, leopark let us use the
>> "translation code" to do machine translations, I would like to add it as
>> sponsor (could be a sponsor on the translations section of sponsors).
>>
>> Who does not use it:
>> English speaking only people, don't use it. because there is no need to
>> translate.
>> Languages that maybe were mostly translated, and every time the file
>> changed, they retranslated, and just copied/pasted old translation, might
>> have not used it.
>>
>> From who I know that use it (for spanish):
>> The students from the ENAH (archeology students) use it (so says MarPetra
>> <https://www.transifex.com/user/profile/MarPetra/>) specially because
>> they don't know the terminology used on the software.
>> I do use it, (as Spanish translation was incomplete, and not up to date).
>>
>> Please comment
>>
>> Vicky
>>

>> --
>>
>> Georepublic UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
>> Salzmannstraße 44,
>> 81739 München, Germany
>>
>> Vicky Vergara
>> Operations Research
>>
>> eMail: vicky at georepublic.de
>> Web: https://georepublic.info
>>
>> Tel: +49 (089) 4161 7698-1
>> Fax: +49 (089) 4161 7698-9
>>
>> Commercial register: Amtsgericht München, HRB 181428
>> CEO: Daniel Kastl

Technology Demystifier

M +61 (0) 419 142 254