[OSGeoLive] 5 minute lightning presentation

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 11:28:29 PST 2018

Thanks for the feedback Astrid, I've made some changes based on your
feedback. Comments inline

On 12/11/18 6:00 am, Astrid Emde (OSGeo) wrote:
> Hello Cameron,
>
> the presentation looks good. Good luck for your talk.
>
> Here are my suggestions:
>
> * Slide 1
> * mention Lubuntu 18.4
I've decided against this as some of my audience won't know Ubuntu, and
I don't have time to explain.
> * add a slide for documentation and languages (you could delete a
> slide of a special software to be able to add the slide f.e. rastaman
> or spatialite)

* I've also trimmed to rasdaman and spatialite slide as suggested (I'm
realizing that it is going to be tough to keep under my 5 minute time limit)

>  - OSGeoLive offers overview and quickstart for easy leaning

* I've added some words to the last slide to point people at quickstarts
and overviews, and now use screenshots of the

>  - OSGeo is translated to several languages

* My audience are all English speakers, so translations will be of low
importance to them, so I'm not going to mention it.

> * mention many people are involved
* I've added a few words to the first slide mentioning hundreds of
contributors

> * Slide 2: Quality: update the screenshot. The Logo is now the new
> OSGeoLive-Logo: https://live.osgeo.org/en/metrics.html
>
> * the block box around all logos is not nice - would be better without
* Updated image as suggested

> * add a slide for get involved
* I'll have another chance to pitch this. There is a slot at the end of
the program to invite people to participate in our OSGeoLive project
during the Community day. (We have ~ 12 people signed up already)

> Thanks for presenting OSGeoLive and many warm greetings to FOSS4G Sotm
> Oceania!
Thanks.