[OSGeoLive] Motion: Propose to give Felicity Brand with permission to approve pull requests to OSGeo docs

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 10:59:01 PST 2019

Yes, I agree that we should have people review each other's work.

We are seeing a few different workflows emerge of Felicity's work. Either:

1. Felicity provides a pull request for someone else to merge.

2. Felicity provides suggestion, someone else applies the changes (and
whatever else they do at the same time), and in that case, I'd suggest
that Felicity should be doing the merging.

Would you be ok to vote +1 to enable 2?

On 6/11/19 12:15 am, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:
> Hi Cameron,
>
> I am not against granting Felicity write permissions, but the whole
> idea of pull requests is to have a review by someone else before
> merging. Felicity can continue working on her own fork (as Vicky did
> with the migration to the cmake build system and Transifex) without
> needing to merge every change before moving on. At the end we can
> review and accept the changes in a big pull request or in smaller ones.
>
> Cheers,
> Angelos
>
> On 11/5/19 12:11 PM, Cameron Shorter wrote:
>> Hi OSGeoLive PSC,
>>
>> Felicity Brand is a senior technical writer reviewing OSGeo
>> Quickstarts. To date I've been really impressed with the quality of
>> her suggestions and reviews. As such, I'd like to propose that we
>> provide Felicity with permissions to accept pull requests to the
>> OSGeoLive docs. This will help her be more productive.
>>
>> +1 Cameron

Technology Demystifier

M +61 (0) 419 142 254