[pdal] Migrating from libLAS

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 17:10:55 PDT 2015

On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 5:16 PM, Andrew Bell <andrew.bell.ia at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Here's an example from the test code where I've removed all the stuff
> that actually tests.  First we create a point table that's a subclass
> of PointTable.  It only supports x, y, and z.  Then we register a
> callback to be invoked each time a point is read (it does nothing
> other than fetch the data).  I've also annotated the code.

Awesome, thanks! The comments are also very helpful.

Now I have the v.in.lidar implementation as described in the guide I'm
working on. I will try how it will look like on GRASS GIS site. Then I will
get back to this. Reading only as you described it, wrapped in C API, would
be the ideal solution for the current v.in.lidar concept (import and basic
filtering).

Vaclav