[pdal] filters.attributes reference failing and libpcl missing when using docker build v1.4

Howard Butler howard at hobu.co
Fri Mar 3 06:06:16 PST 2017

A pdal/pdal:1.4 docker image is currently refreshing on DockerHub that I expect will cure the issue. There were a couple of things:

1) PCL wasn't linking correctly. I found a way to revert to PCL 1.7 from Xenial instead of building our own
2) I suspect the image wasn't actually 1.4, but rather a master branch build. The Dockerfile wasn't checking out the 1.4-maintenance branch to build, and it was switching to master.

filters.attribute was split into filters.overlay and filters.assign for the upcoming 1.5 release. The docs aren't quite up to date on that topic. A ticket tracking it is at https://github.com/PDAL/PDAL/issues/1510 <https://github.com/PDAL/PDAL/issues/1510>

Howard