[pdal] PDAL 1.5.0 Preparation and Notice

Howard Butler howard at hobu.co
Fri Mar 24 08:37:46 PDT 2017

All,

This is a notice to let you know that we are starting to prepare the 1.5.0 PDAL release, and if you have any critical bugs or patches in your trees that are not quite yet finished now is the time to polish them up.

Some upcoming additions for 1.5:
- filters.cluster, filters.groupby, and filters.locate by Brad Chambers
- Pipelines now support a "user_data" JSON object on every node to allow you to pass application data through PDAL's pipelines
- writers.las can optionally add a "PDAL metadata" and "PDAL pipeline" VLR of JSON for processing history
- Python filter improvements -- you can now modify metadata in Python filters
- Stage tags can be used in command-line overrides
- Tons of documentation updates and additions
- Plenty more

Let's plan to have the release the week of April 3rd, unless someone has something significant we need to wait to integrate (speak up now!). Additionally, we will plan to have a 1.6.0 release just before FOSS4G in August. This will continue to keep us on roughly quarterly releases.