[pdal] odd behavior with 'pdal delta' ... --output required but ignored?

Michael Rosen michael.rosen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 11:09:31 PDT 2017

I'm comparing the results of ground isolation:

msr at msr-laptop ~/dev/scratch-michaelr/pdalworkflow $ pdal delta --candidate
samp11-utm-ground.laz  --source
~/data/AzimetrySamples/Sithole_Vosselman/terrain/samp11-utm-ground.pcd
PDAL: kernels.delta: Missing value for positional argument 'output'.

OK, so it wants me to include a '--output switch' (though documentation
says this defaults to stdout).  However, when I do add the --output switch
it seems to get ignored.  Am I doing it wrong?

msr at msr-laptop ~/dev/scratch-michaelr/pdalworkflow $ pdal delta --candidate
samp11-utm-ground.laz  --source
~/data/AzimetrySamples/Sithole_Vosselman/terrain/samp11-utm-ground.pcd
 --output samp11-delta.txt
Failed to find match for field 'intensity'.
Failed to find match for field 'rgba'.
{
  "X":
 ... as expected but to stdout and no file called "samp11-delta.txt" is
created.