[pdal] pdal pipeline error

Howard Butler howard at hobu.co
Tue Oct 3 07:21:36 PDT 2017

Thanks for the data.

PDAL filters.crop doesn't first buffer the point and then do point in polygon on that buffered polygon. It instead computes the circular (2d) or spherical (3d) distance. See https://github.com/PDAL/PDAL/blob/master/filters/CropFilter.cpp#L255 <https://github.com/PDAL/PDAL/blob/master/filters/CropFilter.cpp#L255> for more information on what's done.

If you want to use a buffer, you'll need to pass one explicitly.

Presumably, this is the reason for the discrepancy. I will update our docs to be more explicit about this behavior.

Howard