[pdal] assign a constant class to las imported fra tiff

Andrew Flatman anfla at sdfe.dk
Wed Oct 4 03:54:56 PDT 2017

Hi,
I am reading a DEM from a tiff file and writing it as las. My problem is that I cannot set the class. I have tried adding the dimension Classification in the filter.ferry part:

    {
        "type": "filters.ferry",
        "dimensions": "band-1=Z, 2=Classification"
    },
Which gives the error: PDAL: filters.ferry: Can't ferry dimension '2'. Dimension doesn't exist.

I have tried this: "dimensions": "band-1=Z, Classification[:]=2"

Which gives the error: PDAL: filters.ferry: Can't ferry dimension 'Classification[:]'. Dimension doesn't exist.

I have also tried assigning the classification using the filter.assign:
    {
          "type":"filters.assign",
          "assignment" : "Classification[:]=2"
    },

Which gives the error:  PDAL: filters.assign: Invalid dimension name in 'values' option: 'Classification'.

Any Ideas as to how I can set all the values to specific class?

Thanks,
Andrew