[pdal] OSGeo Bonn Sprint March 18-25

Howard Butler howard at hobu.co
Tue Jan 16 08:15:11 PST 2018

All,

A significant number of PDAL developers will be attending the OSGeo Bonn Code Sprint [1], and we are hoping that this code sprint has an emphasis on projects and developers doing things with point clouds. Currently 8 of the expected 34 developers have "PDAL" on their topic list, and and we would be happy to have more.

I have put together a wiki page [2] with a few topics that might be tackled at the code sprint, but as we can't focus on everything, we will need to filter it down to a few items that we can achieve in the time available. Most of the code sprint activities are discussion and collaboration between projects, and we expect to continue that tradition by collaborating with the Potree, Entwine, and Greyhoud projects too.

Please contact me if your organization wishes to send someone to participate, or your organization is interested in financially sponsoring the event. Code sprint sponsorship is one way your organization can support some of the value you get from software like PDAL, and the annual code sprint has been the primary collaboration event for open source point cloud software such as LAStools, PDAL, libLAS, Greyhound, Entwine, and Potree.

Howard

[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Code_Sprint_2018 <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Code_Sprint_2018>
[2] https://github.com/PDAL/PDAL/wiki/Bonn-Code-Sprint-Ideas <https://github.com/PDAL/PDAL/wiki/Bonn-Code-Sprint-Ideas>