[pdal] [Greyhound] Updating fields

Thomas Montaigu thomas.montaigu at laposte.net
Fri Jan 19 12:40:18 PST 2018

Hello,

I’ ve been trying Entwine + Greyhound this week and got something working very easily thanks to the dockers & documentation.

I would like to know if it is already possible to update fields of points using greyhound ?
>From the video of the conference at ‘FOSS4G’ I understand that , at that time updating field was not yet ready.
But I’ve seen that there is a Greyhound plugin for PDAL (that I’d maybe like to use to try  adding Greyhound support in CloudCompare).

Seeing that this plugin implements a GreyhoundWriter, I tried using the ‘write’ command but the server says:
«Caught /write not allowed », which I tried to fix by adding "allowWrite" : true in my config.json (I took the key by searching through the code),
but it did not change the error message .

My requests looked like this :

url = http://ec2_blabblabla:8080/resource/entwine-data-pdlb
requests.put(url + "/write?schema:['Classification']", b" \x00\x00")

So I am a little bit early on this feature or misdoing something ?

Best regards,
Thomas