[pdal] How to add filters (with C++ API)

Odd Ragnar Lydersen Odd-Ragnar.Lydersen at powel.no
Wed May 23 01:06:44 PDT 2018

You’re quite right, I’m trying to write some UI, where filters are applied to the input file.
It’s just that it’s so easy to set up in Json format, where you set the input file first, then apply filters, then writes to output.
Like this sample: https://pdal.io/tutorial/las.html#header-fields-example

I would like to do it in a similar way in C++.
The way I have done it feels wrong, since I cannot specify the input file right away, and then move on to the next stage in the pipeline.

I’ve had a look at the classes which you referred to.
Studying the code it seems like what I should really do, is to build a pipeline in C++.
It should probably be similar to the Json sample I refer to above in this message.

The guide “https://pdal.io/api/transition/index.html “ which I based my initial code upon didn’t mention the pipeline.

I’ll try to use the PipelineManager and see how it goes.