[pdal] How to add filters (with C++ API)

Howard Butler howard at hobu.co
Thu May 24 18:37:44 PDT 2018

On 5/23/18 3:06 AM, Odd Ragnar Lydersen wrote:
> I’ll try to use the PipelineManager and see how it goes.
Both the Python and Java extensions exclusively use the PipelineManager
rather than directly interacting with Stages. It is much easier to
manipulate PDAL pipeline in JSON than directly touching the objects.
Additionally, we are unlikely to break the Pipeline JSON syntax going
forward, but the C++ API might change a little bit which would cause you
to adapt.

If you workflow is to simply get at data and drive PDAL's stages, using
pipelines as JSON with PipelineManager is going to be the easiest and
most convenient way to program things.