[pdal] pgpointcloud reader streaming

Lars laasunde at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 21 05:40:09 PST 2018

Hello,

We are using PDAL 1.7.1 pipeline to read pgpointcloud data from PostgreSQL verion 10 and rasterize the data using GDAL writer.

This pipeline works great but we are seeing very high memory usage and in some cases "out of memory" error (> 40GB memory usage). We have adjusted the raster resolution and size to reduce the issue. Running on Windows 10.

We are not using any filters in the pipeline.

Using streaming will reduce memory requirements according to "Processing Modes" section https://pdal.io/pipeline.html.

Does pgpointcloud reader support streamming? The documentation does not say either way. We are guessing it does not :-)

If streaming is not supported, would it be possible to add this feature? Is this a complicated feature to implement?

Kind regards, Lars