[pdal] translating coordinated

Matt Beckley beckley at unavco.org
Mon Sep 24 11:24:52 PDT 2018

Hello,

I have a las file that I am trying to work with using PDAL.  I am able to
georeference the file using lastools with the "reoffset" and
"translate_xyz" parameters:

las2las.exe -i input.laz -reoffset 357200 4742000 2150 -translate_xyz
357200 4742000 2150 -o output.laz

However, when I try to do this with PDAL, it doesn't seem to work.  I've
tried variants on a pipeline of:

{
            "type" : "writers.las",
            "offset_x":"357200",
            "offset_y":"4742000",
            "offset_z":"2150",
    "scale_x":"0.001",
    "scale_y":"0.001",
    "scale_z":"0.001"
}

But the coordinates are never properly translated.  I've tried playing with
the scale, but nothing works.  There doesn't seem to be a way to add a
fixed offset to the coordinates?

The file is in UTM 33N coordinates, so a valid coordinate would be
357200,4742000 - for example.   I tried a scale of 1, but that also didn't
work.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!