[pdal] First steps using PDAL in osgeo4W

adam steer adam.d.steer at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 03:26:34 PDT 2019

Hi Silvia

The page here: https://pdal.io/download.html

has a handy chart about what plugins are installed with PDAL on different
platforms: https://pdal.io/download.html#binaries

For available applications, type ‘pdal’ on the command line with no
options, and get (among other things) a list like:

The following commands are available:

  - delta

  - diff

  - fauxplugin

  - ground

  - hausdorff

  - info

  - merge

  - pcl

  - pipeline

  - random

  - smooth

  - sort

  - split

  - tile

  - tindex

  - translate

(from Conda, maxOS X).

On my natively-installed linux box, that list includes '- density’.

Unfortunately not all features are included on all builds - I’m certain
there are good reasons ( there may be ogr2ogr issues in windows and conda? )

Brad was faster to type (thanks!)

hopefully this also helps

regards

On Tue, 2 Apr 2019 at 21:02, Silvia Franceschi <silvia.franceschi at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear all,
> sorry for bothering you...
> I am trying to start to test some of the PDAL tools with my LiDAR data on
> a windows10 machine using the package contained in OSGEO4W.
> Unfortunately, I have some problems with the first commands... for example:
> 1. pdal density seems to not be present on this installation because the
> message in the console is (PDAL Error) Command 'density' not recognized
> even if I just try to do "pdal density --help"
>
> 2. PCL filters also are not installed and I can not understand how to
> install this support or if it should be already installed...
>
> Sorry again for these basic questions, but I am really at the beginning
> and I tried to search in the archive of the mailing list without
> understanding where are my problems.. :-(
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> Regards
>
> Silvia
>

> --