[pdal] First steps using PDAL in osgeo4W

Stephen V. Mather svm at clevelandmetroparks.com
Wed Apr 3 13:59:15 PDT 2019

Adding on to Adam's comments:

It also helps a lot to read the paper on SMRF:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/258333806_An_Improved_Simple_Morphological_Filter_for_the_Terrain_Classification_of_Airborne_LIDAR_Data

Which has the range of values for slope, window, elevation threshold and scaling factor that are effective for different types of areas. They can serve as good starting points for parameterizing the filter and save you a lot of time.

Cheers,

Best,

Steve

[http://sig.cmparks.net/cmp-ms-90x122.png] Stephen V. Mather