[pdal] First steps using PDAL in osgeo4W

Bradley Chambers brad.chambers at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 06:05:11 PDT 2019

Silvia,

It has been a long time since I've worked with any of the PCL filters. If
this isn't working as documented, we should take a closer look at both the
code and the documentation. In the meantime, two things you could try.

1) Instead of passing in the filename of the PCL JSON pipeline, copy and
paste the PCL pipeline you are trying to run into the PCL Block methods
option. An example of this is shown at
https://pdal.io/tutorial/pcl_spec.html?highlight=pcl#examples.

2) Don't use PCL if you don't have to. In modern PDAL, we can do almost all
of the older PCL functions using built-in filters. For example, you can
replace PCL's passthrough with PDAL's range filter. There are a few
lingering PCL capabilities that are not replicated, but they should be few
and far between.

Brad