[pdal] Assign classification

Silvia Franceschi silvia.franceschi at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 00:40:11 PDT 2019

Dear all,
I am trying to extract the DTM from a point cloud of a terrestrial LiDAR.
Points of the survey are all of one single return and do no have a
classification.
To go on with the elaborations I guess that I have to assign a
classification of the points otherwise the tools (filter.smrf) do not work,
is this true?
I tried to use the command filters.assign with the following statement in a
pipeline (json file).

{
          "type":"filters.assign",
    "assignment":"Classification[:]=0"
        },

But  got this error:
PDAL: filters.assign: Invalid dimension name in 'assignment' option:
'Classification'.

Do some of you understand which is the problem?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Silvia

--
ing. Silvia Franceschi