[pdal] Proposal: Remove SQLite reader/writer for PDAL 2.0

Norman Barker norman.barker at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 13:21:07 PDT 2019

> >More seriously, I think things are a little better than they used to be,
> but there were definitely dragons here in the past. This internal and
> external lack of interchange is why efforts like >Arrow are gaining
> traction, but there has been bumps along that road too.  I'd be curious to
> hear what Norman has to say on this topic as it is a space they are
> charging after quite intently.
>
> Round tripping between PDAL and other tools using TileDB is something we
have done. I will be creating a couple of example python notebooks
demonstrating some of this in the next few weeks. We have done a fair
amount of testing of creating TileDB arrays with PDAL and then accessing /
modifying the arrays outside of PDAL with other tools and then back to PDAL
which I think is the use case you are describing. It works well.