[pdal] "resolution" keyword in

Jim Klassen klassen.js at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 12:29:57 PDT 2019

My understanding is that it isn't griding or making up new points or aggregating points or anything like that.  It returns a subset of the original points.  Which points it returns depends on what level of the ept tree that each of the original points was placed into when the tree was created.  The resolution parameter determines how many levels of the tree PDAL pulls points from.

As far as I can tell it takes no regard for non-spatial dimensions such as classification.  So, there isn't a direct way to for example query for only ground points at a certain resolution.  You have to query for all points and then filter out the ones that aren't ground (which will likely leave you with a lower resolution than you initially queried for in your final result).