[pdal] "resolution" keyword in

Andrew Bell andrew.bell.ia at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 12:30:04 PDT 2019

On Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 2:49 PM Matt Beckley <beckley at unavco.org> wrote:

> Is there more information available regarding how the 'resolution' keyword
> works for the latest version of readers.ept?  Is it "gridding" the data at
> a specified cell size?

The EPT format is essentially an octree of point data.  The resolution
options essentially tells the reader how far to descend the tree when
fetching data.

>   If so, how does it handle nominal class data such as lidar
> classifications?  Is it taking the first, last, or a random sample to
> assign as the classification for each cell(assuming a scenario where there
> are multiple classifications that fall within a given cell).  In other
> words, how is the defining classification assigned for each cell given a
> sample of points with varied classification values?

The resolution option is unrelated to point classification, so I'm not sure
that I understand your question.  Perhaps you can provide some more detail
or an example.

--
Andrew Bell
andrew.bell.ia at gmail.com