[pdal] readers.slpk: Failed to fetch info

David Lewis dlewi146 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 20:49:19 PDT 2019

Hi,

I'm trying to run the SLPK reader in a pipeline I've written using the
Python API. I'm using the SMALL_AUTZEN_LAS_ALL.slpk file found at
https://github.com/PDAL/PDAL/tree/master/test/data/i3s .

Whenever I attempt to run this via the Python script, I get an error
message :
"RuntimeError: readers.slpk: Failed to fetch info: Could not read file
/tmp/SMALL_AUTZEN_LAS_ALL/3dSceneLayer.json.gz"

After looking at the code on Github, this appears to be something that is
called no matter when the SLPK extraction process throws an error, though
this could be wrong.

I'm not trying to do anything with filters yet, I'm simply trying to read
in the SLPK using readers.slpk. Is this a known issue that occurs?

Thanks!

David Lewis
Undergraduate Imaging Science
Rochester Institute of Technology