[pdal] Identifying filtered points

Weston Renoud renoud at qps.nl
Thu Sep 5 08:46:04 PDT 2019

Hi all,

I'm working on reading and writing to my company's internal format. We don't remove points; we flag for exclusion. But I realized that culling filters "remove" points such that the writer won't see the removed points in the table view.

I'm interested in the set difference between the points that are read, and the points passed to the writer so they can be flagged for exclusion. Is there some API I'm missing or is this something my reader would have to take responsibility for in terms of passing metadata about the read set?

Your thoughts are appreciated,
Weston