[pdal] Identifying filtered points

Andrew Bell andrew.bell.ia at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 09:13:20 PDT 2019

Readers that want this usually create a dimension called something like
"PointId" and just set it to an incrementing value.  Note that points can
be created after the initial read.  Despite the name, filters can create
new points.  filters.poisson is notable in this regard as it discards the
entire input point set and replaces it with one of its own creation.

On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 11:51 AM Weston Renoud <renoud at qps.nl> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I’m working on reading and writing to my company’s internal format. We
> don’t remove points; we flag for exclusion. But I realized that culling
> filters “remove” points such that the writer won’t see the removed points
> in the table view.
>

> I’m interested in the set difference between the points that are read, and
> the points passed to the writer so they can be flagged for exclusion. Is
> there some API I’m missing or is this something my reader would have to
> take responsibility for in terms of passing metadata about the read set?
>

> Your thoughts are appreciated,
>
> Weston

Andrew Bell
andrew.bell.ia at gmail.com