[pdal] PDAL: cannot allocate memory for output buffer

Peter Lim peter.lim at gpslands.com
Sun Apr 5 20:22:01 PDT 2020

Hi,

Just recently, I'm encountered a new error from PDAL ver. 2.0.1 while
writing to PostGres database ver. 9.6 or 10.11, using a pipeline:

PDAL:  cannot allocate memory for output buffer

The error occurred after about 1.5 mins writing to the memory (about 9GB of
Ram used).

The source laz file is only about 610MB, and the PC has about 62GB free RAM.

This error did not show until recently, and I suspect it could be caused by
a recent Windows Update.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Best Regards,