[pdal] Filtering by Range from a Trajectory

drsonic10 at aol.com drsonic10 at aol.com
Wed Apr 22 00:59:52 PDT 2020

Hi,I am starting to investigate PDAL, being a user of LasTools/TerraScan to process velodyne puck data to see if the noise filters can improve the overall data output.
One of the important filtering steps I find in helping with cloud quality is to filter the data by range from the scanner using either lastrack / classify by range.
Is there a similar filter in PDAL? The filters.range doesn't seem to quite fit the requirement, although i might be misunderstanding.
Many thanks for the advice and apologies if this has been asked before.
Kind regards,nick