[pdal] PDAL install

adam steer adam.d.steer at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 03:25:56 PDT 2020

Hi Samantha

…it seems odd that there would be issues with py3.8.2 and conda. It’s there
as a package: https://anaconda.org/anaconda/python

Using virtual environments is really key to managing python on machines you
want to do more than one thing with (for example your laptop/desktop
machine).

If you’re in a conda virtual environment, try really hard to avoid using
pip.

There’s a few extra words about PDAL installation with conda here:
https://pdal.io/workshop/conda.html#
<https://pdal.io/workshop/conda.html#what-is-conda>

Hope that helps,

Adam

On Fri, 24 Apr 2020 at 19:25, Samantha Lee <slee63 at ncsu.edu> wrote:

> I am new to this.
> I have a project where I need to use PDAL.
> However, PDAL website states that the only way to install PDAL in Windows
> is through Conda. I have Python 3.8.2 installed without using Anaconda. I
> can't install conda using pip install and I don't want to use Anaconda as
> it doesn't come with Python 3.8 and upgrading to that version using conda
> has issues.
> I cannot install PDAL using pip install either.
> I am using Windows 10 and am wondering if there are other ways to resolve
> the install?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Samantha

Dr. Adam Steer