[pdal] Point cloud viewer in QGIS

Nicolas Cadieux njacadieux.gitlab at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 10:26:30 PDT 2020

“ The next thing ishow to deal with rendering. From what I understand, CloudCompare reads the whole point cloud file into memory and builds an in-memory octree which is then used for data access.”

I believe it’s loaded to the gpu memory.  When I ran out of gpu memory, CC would crash.  I fixed this with a newer gpu with more memory. So you must absolutely make sure you can manage situations like these from the start...

Nicolas Cadieux
Ça va bien aller!