[pdal] Point cloud viewer in QGIS

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 12:04:47 PDT 2020

Hi Luigi!

On Mon, Jul 6, 2020 at 7:06 PM Luigi Pirelli <luipir at gmail.com> wrote:

> Another possible critical aspect is lack of OSGeo4W packaging moved to Conda in a Win environment. AFAIR OSGeo4W packaging was abandoned due to lack of resources to maintain it, not for technical limitations. Is it right Howard?

I hope this should not be a big issue. Compiling PDAL with LAZ support
was quite straightforward (well, on Linux, but it's all cmake
fortunately), and I guess in OSGeo4W we probably won't need every
possible reader/writer supported (if dealing with those extra
dependencies is the main pain point).

Regards
Martin