[pdal] install all pdal readers,writers,filters

Marie Sanchez marie_sanchez74 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 9 05:45:14 PDT 2020

Hi everyone,

I am Marie and I'm new to this.

I am discovering Entwine and PDAL, I guess it's the best way to work with point clouds even though the documentation does not explain everything.

Most of my point clouds are e57 format.

Can someone please explain or show me how can I install pdal  with all the filters, readers and writers.

The docker that is online does not have all the readers, like for example e57 readers are not installed.

Is there any docker that has entwine reading e57 files ? or Can somebody explain to me how can I install entwine with e57 readers and all of the filters.

I've tried to install pdal from conda but the e57 readers or not installed and I don't know what should I add to pdal when I install it.
I hope that there is a command like "install pdal --all" // to have all the filters and readers !!!

This would be very helpful so I can read my files with entwine without having the need to convert them to las or whatever.

Thank you very much for your help.
Looking forward to working with PDAL and ENTWINE.

Best,
Marie.

PS: Converting an e57 file to las with pdal, will the "las" file keep the different file source ids of scans ?