[pdal] PDAL Read/Write with PDAL from S3

Norman Barker norman.barker at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 07:15:33 PDT 2020

HI Marie,

The TileDB plugin within PDAL supports reading / writing / appending
directly to S3.

The reads will be partial subsets of the complete array if you set the
bbox3d parameters.

https://pdal.io/stages/writers.tiledb.html
https://pdal.io/stages/readers.tiledb.html

Chunk size will determine the number of reads/writes to and from s3.

This does require an initial translation from las to TileDB and I would
recommend doing this with an EC2 instance.

Norman