[pdal] Pdal-2.1.0 and libproj

Andrew Bell andrew.bell.ia at gmail.com
Wed May 27 07:46:30 PDT 2020

You should see if GRASS support is available.  This really isn't a PDAL
issue.  PDAL doesn't link PROJ at all, though it does link GDAL, which may
have a PROJ dependency.

There's nothing that precludes having multiple versions of PROJ installed
on your system at once.

On Wed, May 27, 2020 at 10:36 AM Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com>
wrote:

> I'm running Slackware-14.2/x86_64 and both proj-7.0.1 and pdal-2.1.0 are
> installed.
>
> When building GRASS 7.9.dev from the git repo the attempt fails because
> it's
> looking for 'v.in.pdal: error while loading shared libraries:
> libproj.so.15:
> cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.'
>
> That's because proj-7.0.1 installs libproj.so.19.
>
> GRASS supports proj7 and I need to learn how to allow pdal to use the newer
> libproj.
>
> I need your advice, suggestions, and recommendations.
>
> Regards,
>
> Rich

Andrew Bell
andrew.bell.ia at gmail.com