[pdal] Pdal-2.1.0 and libproj

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed May 27 07:53:14 PDT 2020

On Wed, 27 May 2020, Andrew Bell wrote:

> You should see if GRASS support is available. This really isn't a PDAL
> issue. PDAL doesn't link PROJ at all, though it does link GDAL, which may
> have a PROJ dependency.

Andrew,

I've been communicating with the grass devs on the mail list. If I correctly
understand your response, the issue is not with PDAL but with grass' support
of proj7. Is this correct?

> There's nothing that precludes having multiple versions of PROJ installed
> on your system at once.

That's interesting. If I install an earlier PROJ version just so grass sees
it I don't need to recompile geos and gdal. I can give this a try.

Thanks,

Rich