[pdal] Greedy Projection FIlter

Paul Harwood runette at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 12:11:16 PDT 2021

Looking for some help:

I need to create a surface and I have been looking at the Mesh filters in
PDAL.

Filters.delaunay I have used extensively in the past and I know it well but
I was experimenting with the others.

I got filters.poisson working for all of its limitations but I cannot get
filters.greedyprojection to produce anything.

Am I doing something wrong or is it just not working?

When I run it using the same pipeline structure and the same input
file that works for the other two filters -- I get nothing. I don't get an
error (even with --developer-debug), I don't get an empty file, The
pipeline completes successfully and no file has been written. I have tried
playing around with the parameters that the docs suggest and in line with
the PCL original suggestions - but just a stubborn "non!" from the filter :(

I am using this pipeline :

{
  "pipeline":
  [