[pdal] limit reading EPT and writing laz?

Kirk Waters - NOAA Federal kirk.waters at noaa.gov
Thu Jan 6 06:01:36 PST 2022

Andrew,
Thanks for testing that. I ran it again with the same result, but this time
turned on --developer-debug. Here's what I ran:
(gdal) ocm-s-ares$ pdal pipeline --stdin --developer-debug < pipeline.txt >
output.txt 2>&1
Killed
(gdal) ocm-s-ares$ echo $?
137
(gdal) ocm-s-ares$ ls -l extractept0.laz
-rw-rw-r-- 1 kirk.waters crs 2784906231 Jan  6 07:49 extractept0.laz

The output.txt file contained the same thing I remember seeing before, with
nothing extra from the debug:
(pdal pipeline readers.ept Warning) 2598817459 will be downloaded
(pdal pipeline writers.las Warning) Auto offset for X requested in stream
mode.  Using value of -80.8347.
(pdal pipeline writers.las Warning) Auto offset for Y requested in stream
mode.  Using value of 35.3408.
(pdal pipeline writers.las Warning) Auto offset for Z requested in stream
mode.  Using value of 246.85.

All of this is running on RHEL7 in a conda environment with pdal version
2.3.0 (git-version 0800a2). The "Killed" on the terminal seems odd since
anything going to stdout or stderr should have landed in output.txt, but
that didn't. Almost like something external killed it.

Thanks for any suggestion.

Kirk