[pdal] What attributes would you add to your pointcloud

Sion Williams sionwill at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 8 08:17:50 PDT 2024

I am in the process of creating a whole country EPT Entwine pointfile.

I wondering what attributes would the developers/readers add to their
pointfile to use for filtering.

I was thinking:
  normalising the 'intensity' values as so i can compare different dataset
from different light days (investigating identifying with intensity
identifying drystone walls, conifers trees),
 Aspect, slope, local relief, Height Above Ground for features.

On another note: where do we heap praise on the developers. I had no
knowledge of how to do anything with point lidar until I had a major
question at work on finding hedgerows under trees.

And following on from that i have nearly finished doing a whole
country pointcloud in Entwine.

All this was possible thanks to your simplicity in your PDAL software and
ChaptGPT.

Many thanks
Sion