[pgrouting-dev] pgRouting and the Shortest Path Shooting Star algorithm

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Wed Mar 7 10:43:50 EST 2012

On 3/7/2012 8:39 AM, Espen O wrote:
> Hi
>
> We are very interested in version 1.03/1.05 of pgRouting and the
> Shortest Path Shooting Star algorithm. However, there is a problem with
> way restrictions in shooting star if there is more than one rule for an
> edge. It also doesn’t seem to take into account the reverse cost. We are
> interested in fixing these bugs.
>
> Stephen Woodbridge has developed an alternative
> “turn_restricted_shortest_path” which is very promising. We have tested
> the Windows version compiled by Sanak (2012/03/04), but it is very
> unstable and seems to return inconsistent answers when running the same
> input data multiple times.

Hi Espen,

I would like to get a copy of you graph and queries that return
inconsistent results. I have not seen this behavior and I think I need
to understand what is happening. If we have a bug I want to get it fixed.

Can you dump your database something like:

pg_dump -fP -Z0 -f mydump.sql.gz -t <table_1> -t <table_2> ... -U <user>
-h localhost <mydatabase>

and email that and the queries you are running. I would be greatly
appreciated and I will analyze it and get any bugs fixed that we need to.

Thanks,
   -Steve