[pgrouting-dev] [pgr_2.0] What is add_vertices_geometry(geom_table) use for?

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Thu Mar 21 17:09:59 PDT 2013

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 4:49 AM, Stephen Woodbridge <woodbri at swoodbridge.com
> wrote:

> On 3/21/2013 3:08 PM, Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am review the existing pgRouting SQL functions and in
>> routing_core_wrappers.sql we have a function:
>>
>> add_vertices_geometry(geom_**table)
>>

> Add to this:
>
>   update_cost_from_distance(**geom_table)

I would say: remove everything that is a) not documented and b) not used.
It's good to post it hear or make a list of removed functions in the
Wiki,so someone, who uses this, can say "stop" or we can reference the list
of removals in the release notes.

It could be that these functions came from pgDijkstra already, if they were
not added later.
Anyway, let's remove unused stuff that makes maintenance harder.

Daniel

eMail: daniel.kastl at georepublic.de
Web: http://georepublic.de