[pgrouting-dev] [pgr_2.0] pgRouting 2.0 Update 2013-03-22

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Fri Mar 22 16:42:09 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I continue to make progress on this. Next week I will be commuting into
Boston all week for the Code Sprint. I look forward to meeting some of
our colleagues there and continuing the efforts made so far. I'm not
looking forward 1 hr+ commute to get into Boston in the mornings.

Today, I cleaned up the core/common/sql/* files, moved some cruft that
is not getting used elsewhere into a legacy file, renamed the functions
in topology and matching to have pgr_ prefix and pretty much rewrote
add_vertices_geometry() function. I also move functions that were
specific to an algorithm into their respect folders and renamed files so
they are more consistent.

So far I have moved the following functions into the legacy file. These
will not get installed automatically and they will not be maintained or
tested and might just disappear. The real idea for the legacy file is
that we might want to build legacy wrappers that simulate the old pre
2.0 behavior. This might be a job for another contributor once the new
api stabilizes.

I still need to work my way through the algorithm specific sql files and
clean them up.

Next, I want to try and finish the MinGW build process for 32 and 64 bit
builds. Then I can start moving forward with 2.0 specific changes.

Also, a few people have boldly step forward and tried on the new code
and reported back and I want to thank them for their feedback and
effort. The more this happens the better the code will ultimately be,
but things are very dynamic at the moment. I try to keep the branch in a
more or less buildable, installable state, and to the extent I can
functioning. If I find that I broke something, I try to imediately fix
and push the code back out. There is usually a push every night or when
I get a things stabilized. I think I pushed code 3 or 4 times today. Did
I mention this is dynamic? :)

Thanks,