[pgrouting-dev] Version, version, who has the version

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Tue May 28 20:18:19 PDT 2013

On 5/28/2013 10:14 PM, Daniel Kastl wrote:

> What about just one "pgr_version()" function?
> I don't get the use case where we need two of them ;-)
>
> I think "pgr_version()" should then return the "full" version.

I'm fine with have to two functions.

pgr_full_version()  - this would be the full string with everything
pgr_version()       - this should match version of extension like:
                       2.0.0-dev in pgrouting--2.0.0-dev.sql

The full version string is what we want for bug reporting.
The version is what you might want to use in an application to construct
if clauses based on features available in this or that version of the
software.

This seems simple and convenient to provide and is a straight forward
explanation of what they are for.