[pgrouting-dev] GSoC Draft proposal

Vicky Vergara vicky at georepublic.de
Fri Mar 23 06:13:49 PDT 2018

I support Cayetanos comment,
If any tests are to be done, do them on the new code, not on code with
python3 otherwise it will be valuable time used in something its really not
needed.

BTW, some of the bugs might come from pgRouting itself, for example in
trsp, and you can not do much about that.
The plug in  if used with pgRouting version 2.0, the majority of the bugs
(because the results are wrong) come from pgRouting and again you can not
do anything about that.

Regards
Vicky

On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 6:41 PM, Aasheesh Tiwari <aasheesht50 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Cayetano,
>
> Since there are no tests for pgRouting plugin so first we will have to
> build tests in python 2  for the existing plugin code . This will allow us
> to check whether our test coverage is checking every aspect of the code
> initially. Later we will port these tests to python 3 and test whether
> changes made to code like python 2 to 3, PyQt4 to PyQt5 etc. are working ,
> and does not have any regression on code. Maybe I am missing something,
> please let me know.
>
> On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 2:00 PM, Cayetano Benavent <cayetano.benavent@
> geographica.gs> wrote:
>
>> Hi Asheesh,
>>
>> The proposal looks good to me. However, I propose to change this sentence
>> (page 4):
>>
>>    - "Port the tests from python 2 to python 3 . Resolve any errors"
>>
>> Currently there are no tests in PgRoutingLayer so you can not port from
>> Python 2, you need to build all the tests directly in Python 3.
>>
>> I have no further comment.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>

>> *Cayetano Benavent*GIS Analyst
>>
>> +34 954 095 876
>> www.geographica.gs

>>> Hi all,
>>> I am Aasheesh Tiwari from India. Currently, I am pursuing Masters in
>>> Geoinformatics from CSRE , Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB). I
>>> have my bachelors in Computer Science.I have keen interest in learning
>>> opensource geospatial technologies.
>>>
>>> I apologise for late communication in this mailing list . But i have
>>> been interacting with community members on Gitter platform . I introduced
>>> my project idea to them and based on their inputs I have drafted a proposal
>>> .
>>>
>>> My GSoC project idea is to make the pgRoutingLayer plugin compatible
>>> with the new version of QGIS and add functionality for the proposed
>>> functions scheduled for next major release.
>>> Below is the link to my proposal , kindly review my proposal and suggest
>>> whether my approach is right.
>>>

>>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1T2a0xRr683vDpgVYUQrv23qS
>>> 8zhhyDSnYkaze7OXu2w/edit?usp=sharing

Georepublic UG (haftungsbeschränkt)