[pgrouting-dev] GSoC 2020 - Community Bonding Report Week 4 - Implementation of Edge Contraction technique in pgRouting

Himanshu Raj raj.himanshu2 at gmail.com
Sun May 31 09:22:13 PDT 2020

Hello Everyone,
This is my report for Community Bonding Period Week 4 ( 24 May - 31 May).
My Wiki [1]
My Forked Repository [2]
*What did you get done this week?*
After the meeting discussion on 28 May with my  mentor, I was assigned the
task to go through the documentation of contraction and contraction
techniques extensively. The details of meeting discussions can be found in
my wiki [1]. I completed this task. Meanwhile I also read the code of
contraction directory [3] in pgRouting repository to understand it
completely.
*What do I plan on doing next week?*
I will be having a meeting with my mentor tomorrow. After the meeting
discussion I will resume my coding tomorrow for the 2nd week.
1.) I will be updating the template files.
2.) Designing the kargersContraction technique as third argument to the
pgr_contraction() function or a totally separate function as
pgr_kargersContraction() after discussing with my  mentor.
3.) Reading data from the postgresql.
4.) Transform data to C++ containers suitable for using with Boost.
*Are you blocked on anything?'*
No
Regards,
Himanshu Raj