[pgrouting-users] Looking for map matching software

Richard Marsden winwaed at gmail.com
Tue May 10 09:11:49 EDT 2011

How were you thinking it would work differently to a 'simple snap'?

Working with PostGIS, I snap to the nearest node (rather than edge), and
then also record the distance and add this in to the total. Many commercial
solutions (eg. Microsoft MapPoint) also do this: Record the distance to/from
the closest road and add this in to the directions and distances.

Richard (M)

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 10:39 PM, Stephen Woodbridge <woodbri at swoodbridge.com