[pgrouting-users] pgrouting installation

Ali Taha ali.taha at ritaj.ps
Mon Sep 12 13:20:57 EDT 2011

Dear All,

I am trying to setup and test pgrouting, I followed the setups but it is
still not working.  If ollowed the following steps:

1-      Copay pgrouting libraries to ..\pgsql\8.4\lib

2-      Execute routing_core.sql and routing_core_wrappers.sql

3-      Create a newtwork:

a.       Added source and target fields

b.      Execute Execute assign_vertex_id('<table>', float tolerance,
'<geometry column', '<gid>')

c.       Added indices

d.      Added reverse_cost column.

Then I used the following query to retrieve records:

SELECT * FROM shortest_path('

SELECT gid as id,

source::integer,

target::integer,

length::double precision as cost

FROM ways',

24154,

24157,

false, false)

the query executes without errors, but return no data. I checked the table
and the records seems OK.

is there a way to validate the database and verify the topology? How to make
sure that the pgrouting library (dlls) are installed and working correctly?

Thanks