[pgrouting-users] Possible to use pgrouting for "layered" data?

Gunnar Rangøy gunnar at tradlosetrondheim.no
Tue Sep 27 03:50:36 EDT 2011

Hello,

I am considering to use pgrouting for routing in layered data. By layered
data i mean data that is separated in floors, which are in some points
connected via elevators/stairs between the floors.

As far as I can see, this is not directly supported. Is it done any
assumptions/choices which makes such an difficult/impossible to implement?
How well will it work to just add connections between nodes in same floor
(+elevators)?

best regards
Gunnar Rangøy

--