[pgrouting-users] core dump in server while calling driving_distance function for generating a polygon

Dave Potts dave.potts at pinan.co.uk
Thu Feb 9 00:57:54 EST 2012

While calling the driving_dstance function from routing_dd_wrappers.sql,
line  78

My postgres server back DIES

I tried rebuilding from source and attaching and instance of gdb to the
server process as pg_backend_pid();

By doing something like gdb /usr/lib/postgresql/9.1/bin/postgres pid
Gdb claims that server process dies in msg_rsv

I think I am using the wrong image because none of the DD code is being used.

By turning on debug statments,  I managed to strace the problem to the
c/c++ interface between alpha_shape

I get lots of prints until the routine

 ret = alpha_shape(vertices, total_tuples, res, res_count, &err_msg);

is called.

I tried puting in calls like

write(2,"Hello\n",6); and  elog(ERROR, "Hello world" ,"eeee"); as the
first line in alpha_shape, nothing evers gets printed

So I suspect it might be a linking issue!

Is this a known problem?

What process image should I be attaching gbc to?

regards

Dave