[pgrouting-users] Fwd: NiuRouting, PgRouting for SQLite

Max Weninger max.weninger at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 16:12:02 EST 2012

Hi

On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 14:53:49 -0500
Stephen Woodbridge <woodbri at swoodbridge.com> wrote:

> I think the trick here is to only load the topology for the bbox
> needed to solve the query. This is what pgRouting does.

That is one part of the "trick" :)

I also store my OSM data in SQLite with spatialite
But I call the trsp algorithm as an external process
and implemented graph caching there. This increase the
speed of "incremental" route calulations "inside" the
same bbox which is the typicial use case in car navigation.

Additional I use a bbox filter based on geom data of the "edges"
which is stored in the DB

Building the graph is the most time consuming task
and needs more time then fetching the data from sqlite.
The bbox filter just reduces the memory consumption

Regards

max