[pgrouting-users] Re: Fwd: NiuRouting, PgRouting for SQLite

Max Weninger max.weninger at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 18:50:24 EST 2012

Hi again

Of course a "simple" bbox is also not always
helping much for really long routes especially
if lat/lon differs by a large amount since the
resulting bbox still may contain to much data.

If your memory limitation is really that
hard you can only try to "split" the route into
"managable" pieces by e.g. creating "connection points"
(waypoints) on e.g. country boarders or from city to city.

Of course the "hard part" is to find such points
A DB based solution is not really build for that kind
of "solution"

Regards

max